Sunday, August 31, 2008

Miss Who?

As we drove to Olivia's school to find out her teacher's name yesterday, she said, "I just hope her name's not Cigarette."
Luckily, it isn't. Her name is Ms. Hafzalla.
Later, I asked her, "What was your teacher's name again?"
"Um, Miss Lasagna?"

She starts on Wednesday! She can't wait, and I'm excited, too.
My dad was worried about me after my post about her going to school, so just so everyone knows, I'm okay!
I think just writing that helped, I just had to "get it out" I guess. And thanks for all the helpful responses! It was kind of just a moment of reflection, and expressing some of the emotions that come with being a mom. But the joy always far outweighs any sad/hard things about raising kids. So if I sounded depressed, there you have it - I'm not! Besides, they call us girls emotional for a reason - feelings at one time aren't the feelings of all the time! I still think they grow up too fast, but there are good things about each age/stage, too.
Olivia is definitely ready for school, and I know it will be good for her. But I guess the first thing she'll have to learn is her teacher's name!

P.S. I still reserve the right to be a little sad on Wednesday if I feel like it!

3 comments:

Cailean said...

Miss Lasagna! I'm sure the teacher will get a kick out of that :) I am so glad to hear you're feeling better!

Michelle Price said...

Yea! Only a couple more days! She is going to love it. And you'll get used to it. The first few days around here seemed like they were really slow, but now I feel like I am picking Ethan up before I had a chance to get anything done!

SJ said...

Your earlier post was great. I think it captured the emotions of many mothers, me included.