Wednesday, August 13, 2008

(Just had to modify this to say eat it with ice cream).

Yummy-Gooey Fruity Dessert

1 can pitted sour cherries, with juice (not cherry pie filling)
2 cups sugar
1 large can crushed pineapple, with juice
1 yellow cake mix
1 cup coconut
1 cup melted butter

Mix cherries, pineapple, and sugar and pour in cake pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix over fruit, but do not stir. Sprinkle coconut over the top, then drizzle butter over all. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
(Original recipe also had 1 c chopped pecans to add with the coconut I made it without).

Serve with ice cream or cool whip!

I made this the other night, and it was really good. I don't have a picture because I was too busy eating half the pan myself. You should try it. Just have a little self-control, will ya?

No comments: