Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Big Boy

Jackson turned 3 this week!
John said to him, "Jackson, did you have a fun birthday last night?"
Jackson: Yeah, I got some new dinosaurs!
John: And what else did you get?
Jackson: I got more and more presents until my tummy was filled up.

My favorite part of Jackson's party was after each present he opened, he would look up for his mom and then run over to me saying, "Wook what I got!"

Here's a little more about this guy:
Jackson's favorite foods: rolls, fruit, "peanut butter and sandwich", hot dogs, pizza.
Jackson's favorite books: Sally and the Something, Berenstein Bears-The Spooky Old Tree, Steal Back the Mona Lisa, Pinkalicious

Favorite Color: Geen

Favorite Song: Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Future goal: "I'm gonna be a bishop when I grow up."

On our last trip, we stopped to eat at Wendy’s – as soon as we walked in the door, Jackson yelled out to the crowded restaurant, “I have bad news! A bad fox is coming!"

The other day, as I walked into the room, I heard, "And foxes are really bad. And bears like honey. The end." Then to me, he said, "I told Katewyn a story."

I'm not sure where he came up with his fear of foxes, but we had to have lots of talks about them for a while just so he could sleep at night "No, no bad foxes are going to come in your window." (Olivia was just afraid Zurg was going to come).

Other little known facts about Jackson:

He knows how to make "big flyin monsters." ("You just get geen pants and geen shoes, and geen feet").

And he once ate a squirrel hairball.

The end.

4 comments:

Michelle Price said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! He is one cute kid. But maybe he needs to come hang out at our house more so he can toughen up a bit--we don't even own pinkalicious.

Michelle Price said...

Also, this says you tell him a bad fox IS coming in his window. No wonder he is scared.

Larissa said...

Michelle,
Yeah, he likes the Pinkalicious story, but don't worry, he doesn't even like pink. If he ever has pink fruit snacks, he gives them to Olivia. (Or maybe I should say she takes them). But he's okay with it because he only wants the "cool ones."
Now I know what book to get your boys for Christmas.

Laurel Criddle said...

That is so cute! I can't believe Ryry will talking that much someday! K, the only fox thing I can think of Dora the Explorer has that fox named swiper who steals stuff. I used to be terrified of skeletons when I was little...not logic to those fears! hahah