Monday, July 6, 2009

The 4th and Fireworks



A sparkle in my eye.

Grandma Knippers and I tried to get some good pictures of them in their red, white, and blue. I guess Jackson's shirt that says "Whistler, Canada" isn't so patriotic.



Katelyn was sad anytime someone sat in "her" rocking chair, and then happy to reclaim it - and the cycle continued. She loved the water - just didn't want anyone to hold onto her!


We went to John's grandparent's house in Boise for the 4th. His parent's were there, too, so the kids had fun with lots of grandparents to play with. From their deck, we could see lots of fireworks around the city. The kids were pretty cautious with the sparklers (why are they giving us fire?), and walked like they were in slow-motion. Maybe we should have taken pictures of Katelyn with the great-grandparents, instead of with this slug on her foot.

4 comments:

Carolyn Hanson said...

Looks like fun! You're always so witty, Larissa. I love it. Tommy does the same thing in water-he doesn't want anyone to touch him and that makes for a very stressful swimming outing for us.

Belkycita said...

Hahaha, you always make me laugh with your post.
Love the last picture!

Laurel Criddle said...

Yeah no kidding! You totally are witty. Ryan has those same jammies that Jackson has on..the monkey ones. Cutie. Every single time I see Katelyn I think of how fast she has grown. I remember seeing her for the firs time when she was just a newborn. Keep being a fantastic mother!...you're inspiring me..and we all need a little inspiration!

Colette and The Chickenwings said...

I love that Jackson wore his Whistler shirt on the Fourth! Classic. I also love the picture of him hanging from the tree...what a little monkey! Reminds me of a couple of kids at my house...