Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Whistler


John and I got to go up to Whistler for a weekend.
Here's a picture that's not from our trip, but it's a way better picture of Whistler than we got (with the view, the snow on top, and not squinting at the camera). This is from a trip John took with friends recently. He's been able to go a couple times, and, with the help of his parents to watch the kids (thanks again!), I finally got to have a trip, too. It was my first time to be away from the kids overnight! While we were gone, they played at the park, dyed Easter eggs, and had lots of fun with Grandma and Grandpa. I'm sure they hardly missed us! I think I'll have to do this more often . . .

A view from the peak-to-peak gondola. It's so high up, and almost 2 miles long, with just the cables.


That's where we stayed. Whistler has tons of shops, restaurants in this little village right at the base of the mountain. But the sky was pretty overcast while we were there so we didn't get very good views. Skiing/snowboarding conditions weren't too good (kind of icy and bad visibility) until about 2:00 when the sun finally came out and softened the snow up for our last few runs!
I was out in my bobsled and accidentally bobsledded right into this store.

4 comments:

Belkycita said...

Sweet!!!
Definitely do it more often!!

Nancy Mc said...

Looks like lots of Fun! Love the pictures.

Laura and crew said...

I'm glad you got your parents only vacation! Looks like fun...

abby o said...

Darn unpredictable bobsleds. Glad you guys got to get out and ride man.