Wednesday, March 24, 2010

T-ball



My plan is that my kids are supposed to love sports as much as I did (and still do). Early signs are not looking good - at least for Olivia.

"Whenever I try to throw the ball to one person, it always goes to someone else."
"Why do I even need a mitt in tball?"
"The only fun part of bad t-ball is rolling down the hill at the end."

She doesn't like things that are hard (she used to say she hates reading - now she just doesn't like chapter books). Maybe once she starts to get it down, she'll like it more. If she'd only let us practice with her!
Or maybe this trading card will be an inspiration to her.


Yeah, probably not.

6 comments:

Katrina said...

I'm inspired by your trading card. : )

Darin and Kerri Elam said...

I keep holding out some hope for my kids too. So far it's not looking good on our end either.

Laurel Criddle said...

Hahah Sounds like she is my child. I am just not athletic at all. I wish I was but wasn't blessed with physical strength. I was the girl who couldn't serve the volleyball over the net or who couldn't throw very far. Boo!

Keri said...

I luv, luv, luv the trading card. It looks a lot like mine except you are missing the giant foam hat with the "H" for Heyburn on it. I know it was the 80's, but I think you will probably inspire her to be a hair dresser before an athlete.

WendyJ said...

Love the card! My 6 yr. old wants to try everything, but by the end of the class she's begging to quit. She also says that reading is boring. And boring is code for hard. I hear ya.

Colette and The Chickenwings said...

The trading card inspired me :o)