Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Independence


She is also proud of herself when she climbs up on the countertop to get herself a snack out of the cupboard.

P.S. Thanks for all the laundry comments! I didn't think I'd get so much good advice. It almost made me excited to go do laundry! Mindy and Michelle - I'm glad you've got your priorities straight.
You've all inspired a better plan here - I'll have to let you know how it goes. A while ago, I started doing one load a day, realizing I couldn't do it all in one day anymore. It's easy to start a load each morning, and keep all the clothes washed that way. But I don't like folding every day and putting it away when I have to put only 1-2 things in each drawer. If I'm going to be putting stuff away in every drawer in the house, I'd rather do it together in big piles. Bigger task, bigger accomplishment. So I'm going to try 2 days a week, or 3 if needed and . . . I like lots of the other ideas (on how to have less to wash, ways to have kids help - which is easier if I wash certain days, and they have that chore certain days, too). I could keep going but I better go to bed now instead of writing about all your good ideas! Hmmm, maybe I'll have to think of some more questions to get some good feedback on. All trouble areas of my life could be revealed this way.

2 comments:

Laura and crew said...

I see many a kitchen mess in your days...

Nancy Mc said...

Love it. I do have a comment about laundry-socks in particular. This has worked for 20+ years..get a permanent marker set and mark the toe (or the arch part) of matching socks when you buy them. Use different colors, different symbols etc. Make it big enough to easily be recognized. Helps the kids be able to match up socks. And it makes it easy to throw away ones that no longer have mates.(or use them for dusting:)