Thursday, January 8, 2009

What would you do if you were "snowed-in" for pretty much your whole Christmas break?

(We had a ton of snow, and didn’t see roads around our house for about 10 days I think (they were being used as sledding hills instead). I’ve talked to a lot of people who really were snowed-in, and didn’t drive anywhere that whole time (the roads really were bad). We stayed home more than usual, but still got wherever we needed to go – a little Christmas shopping, Portland on the 23rd and back the next day, Katelyn’s doctor’s appointment . . . we used the Pathfinder whenever we needed to go anywhere, and gained a new appreciation for 4WD)!


Build a snowman


Build a tower (electrical-engineer-uncles are good with blocks)


Build a fort


Or build an arctic?

4 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

I love the picture of Olivia with her 'artic'. So creative. Snowed in days are great for family time...if you have everything you need. Way to make the most of the situation. You are meking great memories with the kids.

Michelle Price said...

Is that Flounder in the artic? I don't know if he quite fits in. I wish we could come play in all that snow, but just for a day or two and then I would be sick of it.

Belkycita said...

How cute! I am sad I missed the snow :-(
At least thinking about the beaches makes me feel better :-)
Olivia looks super cute in the last picture.

Cailean said...

You guys definitely made the best of it! I love the fort. The duplo structure is exactly what Nathan does when he plays with our kids. I guess I thought every Dad built that way! Must be an EE thing :)