Saturday, January 24, 2009

Shower

I got to do a baby shower for Kelly J. last Saturday. She said she wanted it to be open house style and no games. Which actually turned out great - it made it easy for me, and lots of people were able to come. We just ate, opened presents, told labor stories (because isn't that the thing to talk about at a baby shower)? It was a "book theme" shower, and it was fun to see all the books people brought. I tried to find some of our books that aren't too beat up to use for the decor.


Thanks for all your help Ricki!



Food!


Since this is my blog, I'm including a picture of some kids I found at the shower. They were playing with John in the family room, but had to come in for some food. Olivia slept in this outfit (minus the wings) the night before so she would be all ready for the shower in the morning.

7 comments:

Belkycita said...

That was a fun shower :-)
Can I have the recipe for the yummy potatoes and egg dish? Please :-)
p.s. no rush though, we all know I wouldn't send something like that our before next year :-(

The Copes said...

to me, the "ideal girls night," is salty snacks and labor stories.. and I know for a fact, you've got some doosies up your sleeve.
p.s it was fun to catch up with you the other night, but I think we got cut off before we solidified a date for you and the fam. to come and see us in Enterprise. How about next weekend.---Perhaps the awful weather will entice you?

Cailean said...

So sad I missed it! These photos are so hard to look at because it was so fun, obviously! You put on a great shower! Fun idea to decorate with books! :) And yes that casserole looks really good!

Kelly said...

It was a great shower. Thanks to Larissa and Ricki and Barbara. I had a great time.
Like the Ketchesons, I to want the yummy potatoes and egg casserole recipe. I'm totally craving it right now.

Tanya McKibben said...

Hey Larissa! What a darling family you have. I haven't seen you since graduation our Senior year. I can see you have been busy! I have one little girl so far, got married to a great guy 4 years ago and live in San Jose CA. It's good to be in touch!
-Tanya

abby o said...

that olivia, I like how she thinks.

SJ said...

Love the book shower idea!