Thursday, January 8, 2009

What I did on Christmas Break

Our dining room chairs came with ivory colored pads. They are now ivory w/ popsicle/juice/watermelon/etc.

Due to culprits related to this one, I had to take action and protect/hide the spotted chair pads.

I finally finished them!

I started months ago, but after braking a couple sewing machine needles, I put the project on hold for a while, and finally got back to it. I hope these will last long enough for me to forget what a pain all the straps were to make, so that I'll be willing to replace them again. Next time I may have to figure a way to go strapless, or tie-less, I guess.
And those Christmas cards are about to come down and we'll be back to a bare wall.

5 comments:

abby o said...

I had a bad feeling about those ivory chair cushions from the get go Larissa, I love your cover up! AND, my Christmas cards are still up to, with no immediate plans to come down.

Darin and Kerri Elam said...

I love them! I recovered my chairs once, but they are really needing it again. Can your covers come off to wash them?

Michelle Price said...

They look good! We still have ivory colored ones. They've made it through 3 years so far, so we'll see how much longer they can go before they'll have to be recovered. It helps to have someone that can clean upholstery if needed, and to have a kitchen table with no fabric on the chairs for the kids to eat at. I like the fabric you used, and I am finally starting to see more pictures of your house!

Cecily Markland said...

The chair covers turned out great. I wish I could have been there to help you finish up.

Colette and The Chickenwings said...

Nice chair covers! And I love Katelyn's berry face and the centerpiece Olivia made and Jackson's determination to keep you from getting a "good" picture of everyone. Your kids are darling and it sure is fun to keep up like this!!!