Monday, September 13, 2010

Big 5 Years Old

After doing a penguin party last year, (and once a kitty and sheep party for Olivia), this year Jackson gave me a more "normal" theme to work with. He mostly wanted Batman because he went to a really cool Batman party last year, and still remembers it all (and stills wears the cape and mask to various places, too).

My sister and her family came up for the weekend (Jackson was excited to have a "cousin party"), and she got to help me get ready for the party. I'd been trying to figure out what to use to look like buildings on the cake, and Michelle had the genius idea to use Nutty Bars. So with a nutty bar Gotham city and a happy meal batmobile toy, we had a cake decorated in about 5 minutes, and good enough to eat.

They stayed busy for a while making a Batman gadget/tool/weapon out of Legos, then we did a couple games.
Then they stayed busy for a while doing this.

5 comments:

Belkycita said...

That cake is SO cool!!!!
He is 5?!!! wow, he is even loosing that baby face he had :-(

Happy Birthday big boy Jackson !!!

Laurel Criddle said...

LOVE the cake! I LOVE the picture of the kids playing around...I have a picture almost identical to it from Ryans 4th birthday party. It was chaos! Hahaha I decided I was so happy that birthdays only come once a year!

abby o said...

HOORAY for normal themes I say. If you gotta do a party at all, that is.

Michelle Price said...

That was an awesome cake! We're so glad we got to come!

Cailean said...

Happy Birthday Jackson! Having a 5 year old boy is pretty different, isn't it. They seem so big and yet still so little! The party looks really great and everything a boy could want. The cake is so perfect! I sure wish we could have been there in person :(