Monday, August 16, 2010

First Day


Second grader! School started last week. She is enjoying it, and really likes her teacher - the M&M math on the first day won her over. There are only a few other girls in her class, but she has just been playing on the swings every recess so far, and wondering why her old school is deprived of swings.
She tried buying lunch today. "I wanted the chicken, but then when they put it on my plate I wished I got the taco. It looked so disgusting with bones everywhere and a yellow thing probably was the heart. I think they gave me the chicken's stomach."
That's about the most she's reported about her days so far.

4 comments:

Laura and crew said...

I felt the same way about my school lunches. Some things never change.

Belkycita said...

LOL!!! the chicken story is AWESOME!!
I love her "mini" Olivia. What a cheesy little girl she is.

Cailean said...

This made me happy (Olivia likes her new school!) and giggly (Olivia is hilarious) and sad (really really really miss you guys!!!) at the same time! The trifecta!

Colette and The Chickenwings said...

Okay, amen to the lack of swings...I guess it's all the broken arms. And I remember thinking all school food looked like it had the chicken's heart. Gross!!