Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Catching up some more . . . Olympic Peninsula

We wanted to make it to Olympic Peninsula before leaving the northwest. We only had a day, so we got up early to get on the ferry.
First stop, tide pools - lots of them!

Next stop, lunch. We decided not to eat here:

Then we left the ocean and went up here:





The deer weren't afraid of us.

Either were the llamas (at an animal park in Port Angeles). But some of us were a little afraid of them - and their friends the yaks.

It made for a great day trip - but we could have stayed for a week if we had time.
Okay, I think I'm caught up - I'll write about the move and our new place next.

4 comments:

Ricki said...

Ha ha! I wouldn't have eaten there either. Those wildlife parks are crazy, I was a little scared when we drove through.

Adam and Hilary said...

What the llama? Miss ya!

Lindsey said...

Looks like a fun trip! Good call skipping the Chinese place. Your pic cracked me up. We used to call it "Die Nasty."
How are you settling into your new place?

jamck said...

Fun trip. We've been there once and your post makes me want to go back!