Thursday, February 4, 2010

I have a niece that's turning 1 today. She has 2 big brothers, so I thought I'd send her something girly for her birthday. Olivia used to love filling a little purse up with all kinds of stuff, but I couldn't find any good non-Hannah Montana purses to buy, so I made this little felt one.


When I was about half way done, I decided to check the internet for felt purses to see if there were any better ideas/patterns. I got the idea for the cupcake instead of the flower I was going to put on. (I think the internet sometimes inspires but sometimes sucks away my creativity - it's just too easy to copy other people's ideas). It took less than 1/2 hour to make - really simple and easy. (Handles are kind of hard to see, but just brown ribbon).

This heart bouquet is a craft Olivia and I did together last week. One of my goals for the year is to make sure to fit in one-on-one time in regularly. The week before we made cinnamon rolls together. This is also really easy and you can use paper or fabric or whatever.

And here's Olivia's other project. Some heart post-its, and her door is set for Valentine's day.

I've slowed down on the blogging lately, but this is post #150! We've been catching up on some past seasons of The Office, so I guess I can blame it on that. And cleaning up rice. I keep finding more in different places around the house - I think it multiplies. But maybe I'll have to get busy and do some more posts, too.

7 comments:

Laura and crew said...

Cute ideas! I bet T & E would love doing any of those!

Nancy Mc said...

Very cute purse. Since I found it on the internet, I am thinking of copying it for my granddaughters birthdays;)

Belkycita said...

Super cute!
We are onto making a bouquet, thanks for the tips ;-)

Michelle Price said...

Oh no! I peeked before she got it. It's so cute! I can't wait to see the real thing. She is going to love it. She started walking this week, so she can carry things around now. Thank you, thank you! I'm impressed you are making homemade gifts. Is this going to happen for everyone or is she just your favorite?
What is in the glass to hold the bouquet? Is it sugar?

Larissa said...

Michelle - it's salt. I didn't know what else to try. But my kids would probably try to eat it all if we put sugar in there.

Carolyn Hanson said...

Cute stuff, Larissa!
I just got caught up on all the messes that you've been cleaning up lately. Wow! Anything at all could happen when you've got kids.

Ricki said...

What a cute little purse! I'm going to file that away in my brain for Vivian and my nieces as they get old enough to know what a purse is. :)