Saturday, April 18, 2009

Projects by Nana

My mom was here a couple weeks ago, and it was so great to have her! We made lots of things while she was here:

She made a new skirt for Olivia, then Olivia wanted her to make a matching one for her mouse.
Here she is testing the "twirliness":



Of course she has to display her mouse in outfit for the picture, along with the pillowcase and herself in skirt:


She made this pillowcase for Jackson first, and he loves it so much! I think I need to find more "boy stuff" to make for him, since it made him so happy.
Okay, I should say "she" made lots of stuff, not we. All I made was a bunny cake, since her birthday was the weekend before. (Bunny because it was almost Easter . . . and we like coconut).


And we "helped" the kids make a little Easter craft, too.
Thanks, Mom! I wish we could do this much more often!
She made the skirt look so easy, I want to try making more.

7 comments:

Laura and crew said...

Good craft ideas for kids...we can always use those! Thank goodness for Grandmas who come inspire us.

Nancy Mc said...

Some great Nana craftiness. You might have to move closer so you can 'craft' more often.

Belkycita said...

I love the eggs!! what a great idea!!
I am in love with the skirt too. Maybe we can make them together :-)

Cailean said...

Your kids look so happy with your Mom! I love her skills - very inspiring and how special for your kids that she made something just for them. I've made skirts and they are very easy and very forgiving!

Michelle Price said...

All the projects look great! I want to make some pillowcases for my boys. It is fun to see how something so simple can make them so happy. Jackson was even willing to take a picture!

Michelle Price said...

By the way, you can thank me later for coming by and leaving a comment.

Darin and Kerri Elam said...

Those things are so cute! Sometimes (okay, once) I get my sewing machine out and make fun, easy things for my kids. I made a garage for Wyatt's cars and a towel for Madison's dolls. I love Olivia's skirt. Good job making it twirly, Nana. And I love the pig's mud and the bird's nest.