Monday, April 13, 2009

I went snowboarding

I went snowboarding on Saturday! It has been so long (like 3 years?), and I finally got to go. These were my thoughts as I started my first run: "How do I do this again?" "What am I doing here, I can't even claim to be a snowboarder anymore." "That 5-year-old just flew past me."

I felt like a beginner all over again, and kept falling down.

But it came back pretty quickly. Part of the mountain was closed, so by the end of the day, I think I did every run that was open. Some more gracefully than others. I was hurting the next day though- haven't used those muscles in a while - even my ribs are sore - probably from a few face plants . . . oh yeah, that's why I don't go when I'm pregnant. I finally got my snowboarding fix, but I want to go back for more! The snow was good, there were no lines at the lifts, and it was great!



Glimpse of this guy's future - gotta train them early to follow in mom's snowboarding boot-prints instead of Dad's ski tracks, right? Okay, skiing will be allowed, too.

8 comments:

WendyJ said...

Sounds like fun. I almost sold my snowboard this winter thinking I'm too old for that, but I couldn't do it. Good for you!

Belkycita said...

How fun!! you amaze me every time!

Cailean said...

You are the coolest mommy I know - wow!!!

Darin and Kerri Elam said...

I love Jackson. Maybe he could be an astronaut when he grows up. That looks like a cool astronaut costume to me!

Carolyn Hanson said...

I'm jealous!

Stacy LeFevre said...

Oh man, I am so jealous! It has been longer than three years for me! I really miss it! But it's hard when there are no real places very close to Board at and when I have no one to go with! I too fell like I would have to learn it all over again!

Tammy said...

I'm glad you finally got to go again. Maybe sometime we can go together. It might be hard to corrdinate but it would be fun.

Colette and The Chickenwings said...

Good for you, Larissa!! But don't let John see this picture of Jackson ;O)