Thursday, April 23, 2009

Decisions

We're already in the car after just dropping Olivia off at school - should I go to the grocery store now, or go home and shower (or at least look in the mirror) first?

When I see someone I know at the grocery store - pre-shower and before checking for scariness in the mirror - should I go say hi or duck down the next aisle?

When my 3-yr-old starts pointing at a gray-bearded, tank-top-and-sweat-pants-wearing man with bandana on his head and saying, "Look Mom, a pirate!" Then yelling (while still pointing), "HEY, YOU'RE A PIRATE! HI PIRATE!" Should I turn back out of the aisle I just ducked down, or stay and see how things play out with the pirate buying toilet paper.



And other important questions on my mind lately . . .

When best jeans won't fit (thanks to my sisters for all the good food they forced down my throat while in Arizona), should I go buy bigger favorite jeans or start running again? Or make cookies "for the sisters I visit teach," then eat some (okay, lots) myself?


Should I cut my baby's hair because she's starting to look weird, or leave the mullet just to hold off on that first baby hair-cut?

5 comments:

Darin and Kerri Elam said...

Man, you do have some big decisions going on in your life these days. And Jackson learned a very important lesson about the facts of life...even pirates use toilet paper. And cut the baby's hair! Her's is nowhere near that really bad look, but I get pretty annoyed with people who wait and wait to do that "first haircut".

Darin and Kerri Elam said...

After I wrote my comment, I had to go back and look at a picture of Katelyn. Maybe you really shouldn't cut her hair. It's a really cute mullet. I mostly get annoyed when baby's hair is hanging in their eyes or sticking out all crazy because their moms don't want to cut their hair for the first time. But Katelyn's doesn't do that at all, it just looks cute.

Cecily Markland said...

I had to decide if I wanted to go to sleep or comment on your blog! Thanks for sharing more of the fun you seem to have going on all the time! I agree with Kerri...Kate is CUTE!

Michelle Price said...

You're right, I should check your blog more because you make me laugh. Hope thing tuned out okay with the pirate.

Carolyn Hanson said...

Larissa, you crack me up! Love it.