Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween









Trunk-or-treat the weekend before Halloween (the first round of candy).

Friday night as kids everywhere went after the candy, mom's everywhere took pictures for the blog. Okay, maybe not just for the blog. We didn't get any great Halloween pictures here, but we did get lots of candy, and what's more important, anyway?

We went really simple on costumes this year. I did spend about 10 minutes making Jackson a pirate costume, but when a friend offered a superman costume, he liked that idea better. Olivia wanted to wear dress-up stuff for a princess, and we just made a hat in another 10 minutes. But then she wanted to put on the bunny ears for trick-or-treating, instead. And Katelyn's wearing the bunny costume that was also Olivia's. I guess I should have put my 20 minutes into the snail costume I had wanted to make for her - she wouldn't have changed her mind on me! By next year, the idea won't work as well since she should be done scooting around on her belly by then.

4 comments:

Sally said...

You are so funny! I guess you should have spent your 20 minutes on Katelyn's costume. :) The kids look great. I can't get over Katelyn's amazing smile!

abby o said...

I think the bunny worked well. I also spent about 10 minutes total on my kids costumes, ahem, that is, changing them every 20 minutes. Long live Halloween.

Nancy Mc said...

Cute costumes! Cute kids! I like the idea of recycling the costumes. Our picture taking has really changed. Kids know they need to pose for the "BLOG".

Cecily Markland said...

Great job with the costumes.
Love you!