Saturday, July 19, 2008

Birthday #2


on the zip-line swing

We had Olivia's party the Saturday before her birthday, but she had all kinds of big plans for her real birthday. I hung some crepe paper streamers over the dining room table for the party, and she said, "But on my real birthday, we should probably put some of those up in every room, right?" She had a whole list of things she wanted to do, and she wanted to "be gone the whole day." "I get to choose everything we do the whole day, and we'll cancel anything that I don't choose." (Including Mom's visiting teaching appt. that morning - until she found it was at one of her friend's houses). Her list included the zoo, wading pool, donut shop, park, big swimming pool, Wendy's, another pinata, and have cake again, "or maybe just some ice cream or popsicles or somethin." She's a girl who knows what she wants. We only got to do a couple of those things, but she was still worn out by the end of the day and said, "My favorite thing that I do today will be when I get to go to sleep."

No comments: