Thursday, June 12, 2008

Squirrel Warning

And speaking of Milwaukee . . .
A squirrel has been running across our roof and making it sound like an earthquake is starting. And it reminded me of this story (from an email sent to my sister a while back):
"Something very very scary happened to me yesterday. I was just taking our trash out to the dumpster, minding my own business, when I practically got killed. I opened the top of the dumpster and there was this squirrel inside ready to attack. He was like two feet away from my face and in that position (like Fluffy used to be in when he was ready to jump out from under the bed and scare the living daylights out of you). Anyway, so I screamed, dropped the lid of the dumpster and turned to run. Then I felt a little sheepish getting so freaked out by that dang squirrel. But it was probably a killer squirrel, and I could picture him jumping on my neck and biting me and scratching my face off. Then I had to look around and see if anyone heard me scream since the dumpster is in the parking lot right in the middle of our apartment buildings. Luckily I think only a 4 yr-old and a 2-yr-old saw me because they were watching out their window. Maybe it will teach them a lesson not to mess with squirrels."
Okay, maybe I need to clean out my inbox more, but for all of you still in Glen Court, don't say I didn't warn you - and beware next time you're taking out those dirty diapers.

3 comments:

Carolyn Hanson said...

Great posts! And I love the pictures. Some of those go waaay back. Good times, good times. I miss you!

PS. Katelyn is such a cutie.

Michelle Price said...

I remember this story...it still cracks me up. Mostly because I can relate. I know how mean those squirrels can be. Maybe we can start a squirrel victim support group.

Mandie said...

Okay, that happened to me, except Pete saw me and I screamed like a little girl. Very embarrassing!