Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New Diet Plan

 This little guy seems to be allergic to something. He's had that redness on his cheeks you see in the picture off and on since he was born. (The drool also comes and goes). Then a few days ago he broke out with eczema all over the place. The doctor says it's an allergic reaction to something he ate. The most common food allergens are wheat, dairy, eggs, or nuts so we should avoid those until we get all the redness under control, then slowly reintroduce those foods to see what may be causing it. Since he's still nursing, I'm also supposed to avoid those foods. So no wheat, dairy, eggs, or nuts for me. That leaves slim pickings. This could be good for my figure.
The eczema isn't completely cleared up (after about a week), so I've been waiting to try giving him any of those foods. But today, I found him enjoying a pink mini-wheat he found in the living room, thanks to his scooting/almost-crawling skills and his brother who dropped it. I think he ate more of the pink than the wheat, but maybe I'll soon know if wheat is the culprit.

No comments: