Saturday, August 20, 2011

Two White Dresses

My aunt Becky makes white dresses. Hand-smocked pretty dresses. It's kind of a tradition for us - she made my blessing and baptism dress, and all my sisters, cousins, etc. She made Olivia and Katelyn's blessing dresses. So we couldn't wait to see the baptism dress she was making for Olivia. Then, Grandma Knippers called to see if she could make a special baptism dress for her. We ended up having two beautiful dresses! She got to wear one into the water to be baptized in, and came out and changed into the other one for afterwards. She's a lucky girl to get to have two!


I was a little worried the day of the baptism (needed to hurry and get desk moved in, computer set up, find printer, so we could print the programs . . . make sure we could find her white shoes, etc.). But once we got to the church, everything felt peaceful and fell into place. My mom wrote a poem about baptism for her that I want to share on here, but a couple people told her she needs to publish it so I won't put it here.
Below: All the family members that were able to be there with us. My bro-in-law told me I needed to duct tape my belly button down - you can probably see it's protrusion.
After posing for pictures, these two were trying out the "spinniness" of their dresses from Great-Grandma Knippers.

Such an exciting, happy day!

4 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

How lucky. Both are very beautiful dresses!

Michelle Price said...

What a great looking group! And her dresses were both beautiful. Congrats again to Olivia.

Belkycita said...

Those are so beautiful! A fantastic way to make the day even more special.
I have to say that WOW!!! you look hot in those pictures!!! seriously, I was looking at you for a few seconds and then realized I was staring :-(

Lovely dress :-)

WendyJ said...

Congrats Olivia!! Larissa, you look amazing!! I love your dress and haircut. You have a lot going on at your house I'm sure. Good luck with the delivery of #4.