Saturday, March 19, 2011

New Lease on Food

We're really in need of an update here - I've been feeling better for a few weeks now, so the blog needs to stop dwelling on vomiting.
Hooray for feeling like a normal person again. It turns out that food isn't so bad after all. Now, instead of trying to keep snacking to feel better, I just feel hungry all the time and everything sounds good. About everything I eat now is my new favorite food. Much more enjoyable way to go, but still not looking good for the "recommended pregnancy weight gain." Luckily, I'm used to that sort of problem, so nothing new there.
When I first started feeling better, I went to Walmart and filled the cart with food for the week. Then I passed the fish sticks in the frozen aisle. Suddenly, I wanted fish sticks. Unpacking all the bags at home, I was so excited about my fish sticks purchase. "John, look what I got! Isn't it great! And tartar sauce, even!" "You must be feeling better." Yeah, because fish sticks are grosser than about everything that made me sick before, and now they were going to be my greatest meal of the week. I wouldn't mind some more right now. Anyone want to come for dinner?

4 comments:

Belkycita said...

YEY for you!!!!

My mom used to say that if you are hungry (when you are pregnant) and don't eat your baby will be born with his mouth WIDE open! and will always be like that.

and you don't want your baby that way, doyou?!

SJ said...

I have been thinking about you today and hope that you are doing well! Your posts make me laugh, thanks for being so real.
SJRG :)

Cailean said...

Pregnancy cravings are the best. I think we really appreciate food when we are expecting.

Colette and The Chickenwings said...

That's hilarious! It made me remember those random cravings for foods I usually don't eat...enjoy pregnancy while it lasts. It is kind of fun in its own crazy way...sometimes. :o)