Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween


I really liked my kids costumes last Halloween. This year, nothing too exciting. Jackson wore a hand-me-down dragon costume and a red punch mustache.
I was working on a ladybuy costume for Kate (after seeing how cute the one was my sister was making), but she wasn't too excited about it. My neighbor brought over a few, and Katelyn saw this blue dinosaur and was sold on it. So she was a di-saur, with a crooked head piece all night.
I did make one costume - Olivia wanted to be a bunny, but she wanted to look like a real one, "with ears that flop back, not just stand up straight." (You were probably wondering if that was a real rabbit sitting there. Nope, just my amazing fleece rendition). She was a little offended when people asked if she was the Easter bunny. "No, I'm a regular bunny." Get it straight.
She must have heard me talking about how much more fun homemade costumes are (even though I only like to make them if they're fast and easy), because she ran around the house in her long-eared hat singing, "I have a homemade costume!"

At the ward trunk-or-treat.

This kid wins our vote for a cool costume. His mom wanted a picture of him with the eye doctor (and the eye doctor wanted one, too).
But homemade costumes or not, we got candy.

This dinosaur likes candy.

2 comments:

Laura and crew said...

Larissa...I love your writing. It always cracks me up when you say funny things like 'he wore a punch mustache.' So funny. If I were cool I'd even say LOL but I'm not cool so I'll just funny. Lots of funny. (And great costumes, too)

WendyJ said...

Awesome! Totally miss you guys, but so glad you still blog.