Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I think the word is mostly out that we are moving to Pinetop, AZ in a few weeks.
I will miss:
this in our backyard;

This in our front yard;


(and neighbors yards we get to admire on our walk to school):



But not so much this:



This is the "hallway" kitchen I've lived with for 3 years. You have to walk through it to get from one part of the house to the other. Many times a day. If there's a pan of brownies sitting on the counter as I walk back and forth, well, it's bad for me. This house was built in the 50's. Notice the built-in wooden cutting board on the countertop. How sanitary can that be after 50 years?
There's lots more I will miss, too, of course. But I just want to say that soon, I get a new kitchen!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Donna Elam said...

That is so awesome you will be closer. I know a lot of people that will be happy to visit you when it is 110 in Tucson.

Donna Elam said...

The comment says it is from Tom but Donna Elam actually wrote it!

Cailean said...

I am going to miss you guys WAY more than you're going to miss the kitchen! I always thought the layout was really unique and your house is huge!!! I can't believe that family who wanted 4 bedrooms thought it was too small for them (they moved to Bellevue by the way).

abby o said...

haha, I've been composing a similar post. So many things to miss and yet...a nice kitchen makes up for a whole lot. I will not miss my 40 year old linoleum one bit.

Laura and crew said...

Yes, but now you will always have a great story to tell about living in an orange kitchen. Good luck with all the big decisions!

Michelle Price said...

I just found something else for you to miss. Because today is national doughnut day (yeah, I hope you're celebrating), MSN put out a list of the 10 best doughnut shops. I bet you can guess one that made the list. Go stock up on Top Pots before you leave. Maybe you can freeze some.
I'm sorry you will miss some of Seattle, but we are so excited to have you close! And I think you will love Pinetop.

WendyJ said...

I can't believe you're moving that soon. I really like your house, but I totally understand why you'd want a new kitchen. It must be a little bittersweet.

Carolyn Hanson said...

Yes! There is life after residency!!!! Congrats, Larissa.

Ricki said...

I can't really laugh about this post since you're gone now! But I do think it's funny they put permanent fixtures in kitchens that really should be rotated through!