Thursday, August 6, 2009

We did a yard sale with a friend last Saturday. ONE person came. They spent a dollar. One dollar!
Lemonade is a much better business to be in.


Tonight, we told the kids to go get pj's on. A few minutes later, this parade came back chanting, "We're Olivia, we're Olivia!" They are all wearing a pair of her pajamas. It wasn't quite as cute (or modest) when I put one of her shirts on, so I didn't get to be in the picture.




Maybe because she lives on a busy street, maybe no one wanted kid/baby stuff that day - we don't know why we sat out there for three hours and got one customer.
At the lemonade stand, lots of people stopped. Probably not really for the lemonade, but because they didn't want to feel like a jerk for not giving a kid a quarter. Jackson thought it might be better to do a water stand next time so we wouldn't have to buy the lemonade. After a while, Olivia thought I should sit out there and sell while they went to do other things. That's when we closed shop with a total of about $10!
Jackson got to try some raspberry soda this week. After a couple sips, he said, "Mom, do you know raspberry juice steams out your mouth?"
That's kind of how I feel about carbonation. Safer to drink lemonade.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your blog - this one sure made me laugh!

Darin and Kerri Elam said...

What are you going to spend your dollar on?

Michelle Price said...

Do you have to split the dollar with your friend?
Are you sure you can't include a picture of you in Oliva pajamas?

Cailean said...

Wow $10 is a lot!!! You must make awesome lemonade. Sorry to hear about the bust yard sale. That would have been frustrating! But the real reward was getting to spend time with you for three hours :) I love Jackson's face - he looks so grown up and so mischievous just like every boy should be.

Laurel Criddle said...

Thats funny! We're Olivia! I love that! Kids are so funny sometimes.

SJ said...

Hilarious!

Sara said...

ONE dollar? Seriously....lamo. What did you do with the stuff? That is what I worry about in a garage sale....whatever sells, I want to have nothing to do with. I don't want to move it, re-store it....so my garage gets more and more full. At least you had the bravery (word?) to do it!

Jolley Family said...

I love the garage sale v.s lemonade stand story. Funny. Also, when did Katelyn get so big. She was a tiny baby when I moved. Crazy!