Friday, August 14, 2009

Some recent projects

. . . and by recent, I mean like the last six months. This summer, I haven't done many projects. But I've added to my list of projects I want to do, and some of those on my list are ideas I've seen on other people's blogs, so I thought I'd put a few I've done on here. They're not that impressive, but I always like ideas that are do-able enough for me to actually finish.

I saw this idea on my friend SJ's blog - a holder for girl's headbands and hairclips. The headband one just has a roll of paper towels inside.


Really bad picture of skirt for me (ignore the model), and skirt for Olivia below. The fabric for Olivia and Katelyn's "spring skirts" is still sitting by my sewing machine.



A friend brought me some fabric and asked me to make some chair covers for her chairs. It was easier the second time around - my mom helped me figure out exactly how I wanted them the first time, so I could just copy.

The before and after of the baby mullet.
Okay, the last one doesn't really count as a project.

7 comments:

Michelle Price said...

I still like that skirt a lot. I'm waiting for you to make mine.
Goodbye mullet! Was she good for the haircut?
You said Sadie looks like me, but I just keep thinking she looks like you. She smiles a lot like Katelyn, with her mouth as huge as can be. Maybe you need to come see her again.

Darin and Kerri Elam said...

Now I really better send Olivia her hair bows I made for her since she has a place to put them. I love those things. Can you send me some instructions?

Mindy said...

You make such cute skirts. You should post the recipe, I mean, pattern on your blog.

Belkycita said...

I am stealing the paper towel idea!! I have been trying to figure out what to do with the head bands.

Unknown said...

I like it! (SJ)

Mandie said...

Love the skirt! I miss having everyone close by to help me with projects! I haven't done anything all summer!

Keri said...

Our next door neighbor's house is for sale and you need to move in. We would have so much fun doing projects together. I just barely made skirts for my girls, and my friend and I are starting ones for ourselves this week (unfortunately it is not as cute as yours). Subliminal message...Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs.