Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Katelyn's First Birthday

We celebrated in AZ with lots of cousins. Thanks for letting us use your house, Kerri! With a Feb. 13th birthdate, and cheap Valentine stuff at every store, I went with the heart theme. She may not like it if I do that for her birthday every year.



Party people - Jackson and his cousins Wyatt and Ethan.
Wall-o-Kate. I copied this idea from my friend Cailean. For each of her kid's birthdays, she prints a bunch of pictures of them and hangs them on the wall for their big day (and throws really cute parties). Since we did this party away from home, I stole her idea and used this for my easy decorations.
She opened a couple presents and we did cake and ice cream on her real birthday, before we went on our trip. ( John couldn't miss all the celebrations, right)?
Going after the presents in front of our make-shift fireplace trap.
Happy Birthday Katelyn! Never grow out of that happiness!

3 comments:

Belkycita said...

Happy Birthday Katelyn!!!
I can't believe she is one already. I love her open mouth smile. I hope she doesn't stop doing it.

Carolyn Hanson said...

I love that smile of hers! We need to get her and Tommy together. Tommy's got the scowl down pat and could learn a few smile tips from Katelyn. I'm glad you had a fun trip in AZ. Whatta group!

Colette and The Chickenwings said...

I love her smile too. What a cutie pie!! Hope her birthday celebration was great.