Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Honesty

Jackson, as he walks past Katelyn: Ohhhh, Kate. I wish I was Olivia.
Me: Why?
J: Because I want to wuv Katelyn, too.
Olivia: But Jackson, you do love Kate.
J: But I don't love her very much.

Olivia: Mom, why do you always make gross dinners that we hate?

Even though Jackson's nose was a little runny, I let him put his face against mine because he doesn't often give out kisses. Me: Thanks for the kiss, Jackson.
Jackson: No, I snotted you!

Olivia (to me, as I come out of my room after putting a new shirt on): Well I've never seen that ugly shirt before.

10 comments:

Belkycita said...

your kids are way too funny!
p.s. I am finishing that post.... I'm scared!!

Laurel Criddle said...

I just have to laugh. hahaha

SJ said...

Wow! totally funny. Thanks for sharing.

Cailean said...

Sweet sweet Olivia - I just can't imagine her saying those things and yet she is so open with what she thinks that I imagine every day you could write a post like this! And Jackson is so cute too. He and Elijah have the same way of thinking. However, one big distinction: Elijah TRIES to wipe his snot on me...allllll the time. Please post quotations more often!

Mindy said...

Kids say the nicest things huh? Example, when Hazel was going potty: My butt's way smaller than yours.
hmmm...

Ricki said...

That was great! I'm afraid what truths I'll hear when Levi's vocabulary grows...

Mandie said...

Okay, that made me laugh today. Thank you for that!

Cecily Markland said...

So funny...but, wait until they are teenagers and saying things like that. Hmmm...may not be so funny then! Maybe you could just keep them little and cute!

Laurie said...

Oh my, how funny. Typical kids, tho, huh? I always feel great about the "this tastes awful, Mom" moments.

Pam Emmons said...

That's hilarious! Annie told me recently that she "didn't like me today."