Sunday, December 6, 2009

Where did November go?

I mean, we found time to finish off most the Halloween candy, but . . . November flew by. So much for getting our Christmas shopping done early.
John was gone interviewing in CO. Then my sister came.* Then we were all gone to AZ to look into a job. Then to Portland for Thanksgiving. Then back for the big race (earlier post).
And to Abby's comment about that - don't feel bad. They were supposed to run 25 miles on their own - a mile at a time, during the two months before race day. Then they ran the last 1.2 miles together on race day. But they could also count walking to school, playing soccer, etc. for thier miles. It's a good thing we walk to and from school, because she didn't so much like to do her runs. But at least she got an XL t-shirt to show for it (after waiting in line for about an hour behind hundreds and hundreds of other kids after the finish line, the smalls were out). Guess we should have ran faster.



At a park in Northern AZ.


Thanksgiving at John's parent's house - and not a lot of pictures!




Trying to get a good picture for Christmas cards - I subjected them to this when my sister was here, and again in Portland. Still didn't get any great ones but I'll mail some out anyway (not this picture).
*Good thing I don't have a surprise visitor seeing my house today. That'd be embarrassing. Kind of like once when John and I were crashing into each other in the hallway as we were trying our fastest to take armloads of stuff to throw into our room before the home teachers came in right after church). What I meant to say is, that would never happen here.


"Cheese."


And suddenly it's December. And cold!
That's our street corner in the fog.

6 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

I love the picture of Olivia and Jackson in their red clothes. And I love the scenery one ...BRRR so cold.

abby o said...

aaah, 25 miles in a couple of months, maybe I could swing that. Running that last 1.2 still might wipe me out.

The Copes said...

So, what's the consensus? Where are you guys going to live when you grow up?

Keri said...

Did you say Colorado? We'e a little biased, but we think it would be an excellent fit. Ahh, love those job hunting days. Best of luck and keep us updated.

Colette and The Chickenwings said...

Don't you hate the family pictures where everyone is smiling great, except your husband??!?!? We have lots of these...I also love the picture of Olivia (below) pulling the legs of her pants up on the beach! She did look pantless for a second there :o)

Sara said...

oh family pictures....they are annoying the year you take them, then all years after that you have fond memories from the ages you and your kids were.

My friend once told me that she used her oven as a place to hide stuff before unexpected or short notice guests came over. I thought that was genius. Just make sure you remember you things are in there before you turn it on again. That could be BAD!